Hydrolats are the aromatherapy’s soft version (essential oils). Hydrolats can be aslo called floral waters if they are made from flowers, indeed they are obtained at the plant’s distillation into essential oil. So they contain all our precious plants’ active molecules in a less concentrated way.
Why vegetable oil became an integral part of our slow beauty routine?
First of all, vegetable oil is the ideal natural moisturizer with its important amount of essential fatty acid, antioxidant and vitamin A, D, E and sometimes even vitamin K
Rhassoul or Moroccan Lava clay translated from the Arabic term “cleansing earth” is a clayey powder extracted from Moroccan mountainous reefs. Unlikely other clays, that one doesn’t attack or dry sensitive skins. Rhassoul is an essential friend in your beauty routine due to its mineral-rich resources (it contains all available minerals in rocks).
Rhassoul usage tips for the skin
As a face mask :
Create a simple mask by diluting a bit of water with Rhassoul. We recommend to dilute with a hydrolat in order to benefit of all floral water properties in your mask. Unlikely other clays, like the green one, Rhassoul doesn’t irritate the skin, in this way you don’t have to avoid applying it on the contour of the eyes, there is no risk to irritate this sensitive part.
In addition, you can also add a bit of vegetable oil, like the Argan oil or the prickly pear seed oil, and a few drops of essential oil, like the Tea-tree one, which will enhance the purifying property of your mask.
This mask is applied with circular massages on the face, then leaves on for 15 to 30 minutes and rinse thoroughly with water.
Post-mask tip: remove all mask residues with floral water soaked cotton, like the Joodoor Original Rose Water.
As a body mask :
It’s the famous Rhassoul body wrap often find in hammam rituals. It is the same preparation than the body mask, but we recommend adding a bit more of hydrolat for an easier application. Then put it on all your body with light circular massages and leave on for 10 to 20 minutes.
To use Rhassoul on the hair
Rhassoul is one of the best natural shampoo you can ever find. Unlikely other shampoo, it doesn’t have any surfactant agent so it is not irritating at all for your scalp.
Rhassoul cleanses and purifies your scalp and maintains your beautiful natural hair look due to its big quantity of natural foaming Saponin.
In addition of those several advantages, Rhassoul will provide strength, volume and suppleness to your hair. To try it means to adopt it!
Rhassoul: for which type of hair?
Rhassoul is adapted for all types of hair, so you can use it on :
- Thin hair with a lack of volume: your shampoo will naturally sheath your hair
- Oily hair: Rhassoul purifies the scalp, on a regular use it will progressively let you space your shampoos and remove sebum excess from your scalp.
- Dry hair: if your mask is only made with Rhassoul and water, we recommend applying only on the hair root and enjoy all benefits on your scalp without drying the ends.
At Joodoor, we always use Rhassoul for our routine beauty and we often test some mask conceptions by adding some natural resources to this clay
- Add vegetable oils likeArgan oil which will deeply hydrates your scalp
- Add Aloe Vera gel (very efficient for dry hair) which will make it easier to apply. In this way honey is also a good ingredient.
- Add plain yoghurt, rich in probiotics is better. It may look weird but it is very efficient
- A few essential oil drops, like the Ylang-ylang one which is perfectly adapted for hair care.
- You can also use a teaspoon of bicarbonate (not for dry hair). You will get a foam care easier to apply
- 3 teaspoons of
moroccan lava clay
- 1 teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel or honey
- 1 tablespoon of Argan oil
- 4 drops of Ylang-ylang essential oil
- A hint of bicarbonate
- 3 tablespoons or more of rose water
- In a container blend essential oil with Argan oil. Then add Aloe Vera gel.
- In another container a little bit bigger, add Rhassoul and 2 to 3 tablespoons of Rose Water. Mix with a whisk or a wooden spatula
- Then add into it the container with the mixed oils
- End with the hint of bicarbonate which will air the preparation.
- You can also add hydrolat at your convenience if the composition has a too consistent structure.
Apply on your hair and leave on for 15 to 30 minutes, thoroughly rinse with clear water.